Hi there. Long time no write, I know. I’m rubbish at actually blogging.
What can I say that’s relevant?
What gives you insight into who I am? Does that even matter if I’m just trying to get my art out there? (As an aside, I know it does matter. Who I am is relevant to my art, and why you might like it.)
I’m tucked into a quiet little corner of the internet. I haven’t pushed this blog out there, and maybe, on a good day, might get 3 or 4 visits. Facebook has been kind of a lackadaisical endeavor, as well. Sometimes my posts there are seen by 40 people. Mostly just 1 or 2 though. Twitter is hit and miss. Instagram might be my most successful social media endeavor, as I average about 12 likes per image.
Here’s the thing about 2018 though. I’m pushing myself out of my comfort zone. I’m trying things now, that I wouldn’t have even considered before because that niggling self-doubt and certainty that my art isn’t “good enough” for anything.
So here’s what I’m doing in 2018 that I wouldn’t have done in 2013, or 2007, or 2003.
- I’ve taken up bullet journaling (using a cheap composition grid notebook).
- I’m publishing a coloring book this year. Maybe more than one.
- I’ll be taking a sample of said coloring book to local bookstores.
- I’m pushing myself to be ready to actually sell my coloring book: doing marketing for myself.
- I’m pushing myself to be ready to take some of my artwork to the local galleries.
These are not “resolutions” — these are things in progress, and intentions.
But this space, this blog. I’m not sure…what I need to do with it. I’m not sure if I’ll move it to more of my poetry. Or save it for random thoughts. Or, actually start writing about myself, trying to actually show you who I am, what’s made me, me. Write about my family. Talk about my artistic progress. Write about things that make me angry. Write about…
Or abandon it to it’s silence.
Only time will tell.